Kidz Kare is a one-stop resource to support parents on their journey in raising healthy, happy and knowledgeable individuals. Our services include daycare services through our Licensed Kare division, personalized daycare through our Nannie Kare division, babysitting through our Kasual Kare division and educational support and enhancement through our Edu-Kare division.
Excellent opportunity for candidates seeking experience in Early Childhood Education and advancements in these fields.
- Leads their room into continued success which is defined by the success of its students and peers.
- Understands and complies with provincial, municipal, Day Nursery Act; which is now becoming the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 (CCEYA) and will be replacing the Day Nurseries
Act (DNA)., Kidz Kare`s policies and procedures,
- Ensure all service programs provide the highest quality of care, service to all participants and their families.
- Plans and implements a consistent curriculum in accordance’s to Kidz Kare high standards. Selecting age appropriate materials for the age group; sets up both indoor and outdoor activities for children in accordance to the weekly pre planned program.
- Attends required curriculum training and all other relevant professional development opportunities as deemed necessary by the Supervisor and/or the companies affiliates.
- Completes required documentation of children’s development and interactions.
- Participates and applies knowledge from research to child’s learning
- Understands legal responsibilities regarding abuse and Identifies the indicators of abuse and is prepared to report signs of child abuse to the Children’s Aid Society
- Seeks opportunities to deepen connections and increase engagement of parents and children in care, providing further opportunities to them to get more evolved with Kidz Kare and all its affiliates.
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviours in line with Kidz Kare’s Mission, Vision and most of all align with our core values.
- Adheres to work schedule to ensure program stays within ratio and provides required adequate notice to supervisor regarding unexpected scheduling changes. Participation in special events within the centre, community and/or within company from time to time.
- Ensures the overall health and safety of children enrolled in the program are the first priority. Maintaining a clean and healthy environment a must while still being able to identify children and staff who are unwell.
- Reviews all food items to ensure food allergies/restrictions are consistently being upheld
- Giving feedback to parents and families in regards to child’s overall well-being
- Other classroom duties as required
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or Degree
- Must be registered and a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Minimum of 6 months of experience working with young children
- Excellent problem solving and human relations skills with a commitment to diversity and equity are essential to interact with both our children and staff. Experience and sensitivity in dealing with food restrictions/allergies, etc.
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and great communication skills both written and oral.
- Flexibility regarding assigned working hours, ability to work split shifts, early morning and mid-late afternoons, and evenings.
- Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort: Lifting up to 45 lbs, bending and stooping, sitting crossed legged on the floor, etc., without assistance
- Must be able to work outdoors for at least 2 hours daily year-round; may be exposed to heat, humidity or cold, etc.
- Excellent organizational and priority-setting (time management) skills to ensure that student activities are implemented; prioritized a variety of tasks.
- Open-minded, teachable, dedicated to excellence, driven, creative and organized
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast pace and dynamic environment
- A capacity to work with a team and be part of a large multi-service organization while still
being able to work independently
- Up to date First Aid, CPR, Immunization
Above & Beyond:
- Has additional Post-Secondary Education that pertains to Children and or has their
- Has been in a leadership role before
- Has a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Has ambition to become a supervisor
- Self manages on-going professional development
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this role, however only selected candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.